Growing up, I have such fond memories of crepes. My family would make them often and just eat and eat. We spend Saturday morning making them and enjoying them! We all had our favorite ways of making them. I thought I’d share my mom’s recipe for Easy Crepes and few favorite ways of eating them!
Easy Crepe Recipe
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour
Blend the ingredients in a blender. To make the crepes take a pan, spray it with grease if it’s non-stick. (I prefer using non-stick and skipping the spray) The pan should be on medium-high heat. Then ladle or pour between 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into the pan. You’ll rotate the pan as you pour in the batter to spread the batter evenly. Cook about 1 minute on each side. (Similar to pancakes, you’ll look for the top to become dry and then flip.) You may flip like a professional, or use a spatula. Whatever you like!
Once done, place on a plate and spread butter on it. (This used to be my job when growing up. I was the butter painter. Literally. I had a brush I used. I would dip it in butter or margarine and then spread it across the crepe evenly.) This ensures the crepes don’t stick to each other when you make your pile. I also make sure if there are any crusty sides to the crepe that I put some on them. It softens them right up!
Once you’ve finished making your crepes, then bring all of your toppings and friends to the table to eat!
Here are 5 ways to try if you’re a crepe newbie!
- Peaches n’ Cream (This is a favorite. Whipped Cream and Fresh Peaches. YUM!)
- Bananas and Dulce de Leche (You can also use caramel. I actually had Sea Salt Caramel that I used here.)
- Plain Sugar (I’m not kidding. This is the most simple, but delicious way! A light sprinkling of sugar and then roll it right up!)
- Strawberries and Nutella (This is CLASSIC. I don’t know anybody who doesn’t like these!)
- Raspberries and Yogurt. (I always used strawberry or vanilla yogurt growing up. But you can use greek yogurt or whatever you like best!)
Hope you try these out! If you want a quick video tutorial on how to make the crepes, and even flip them, let me know in the comments and I’ll make one for you!