Remember how I had lots of bananas to use up? Well, making 3 types of banana bread didn’t use them all up… So I made muffins, too! These muffins are…close to being healthy. 😉
These muffins can have lots of variations, too. Use cinnamon chips instead of chocolate. Or use walnuts. Or use struesel…or…well, you get the idea…
Dark Chocolate Jumbo Muffins
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
6-7 oz. non-fat greek yogurt (Equal to 1 small container or about 2/3 cup)
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar (This is the part that I play around with. Substitute Stevia if you’re going sugar-free)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 bar High Quality Dark Chocolate (I happened to have 90%, but if that’s too dark for you -just make sure to use between 50-80%)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the dark chocolate – You can have small and large chunks and shaved parts. the more variety the prettier the outcome in my opinion!
- Place all ingredients except for the chocolate in blender or food processor and blend until oats are smooth.
- Mix 3/4 of the chocolate into the batter. Save the remaining to sprinkles on the top of the muffins.
- Divide batter among muffin tin and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.Makes 6 Jumbo Muffins.
Enjoy! If you’re going to eat them throughout the week, I recommend putting them in a bag or container and sticking them in the fridge.