I saw something similar to this on Pinterest, and I thought I’d make my own version. It was actually quite simple to make and I loved the final product!
I really love holidays, and 4th of July is one of my favorites. So crafts and decor that is themed makes me SOOOOO happy. If you have 45-60 minutes, take a stab at this project!
- Wood Letters (I used these.)
- Plaque Sign (Go to your nearest craft store and choose which size and type you like.)
- Red, White, and Blue Paint (Choose the shades that go with your decor. I chose brick red, warm white, and navy blue.)
- 3 Medium sponge paint brushes
- 1 small square paint brush
- Glue (I used Wood Glue, but you can also use Tacky or Hot Glue)
You first paint the stripes onto the plaque. Use the sponge size to guage the stripe size, it’s the easiest method in my opinion!
While the plaque is drying, paint the letters blue. Let dry for 2-5 minutes or until dry.
Take your square paint brush and dip it in the white paint. I brush off the excess and use the line of the brush to almost draw the stars. These don’t have to be uniform, straight, or perfect.
Once the stars have dried, you will simply place the letter upon the plaque and glue them down. You can use whatever glue is your favorite for crafts. I chose to use wood glue here, but hot glue or even tacky glue could work.
Now’s the hard part. Being patient as it dries. Spend this time to figure out how you’ll display it. If you haven’t decided that already!
Display the sign as a part of a table or mantle display, or hang upon the wall. This festive sign is perfect for this time of year!
I hope you enjoy this fun craft! Let me know if you make it, or have any variations on it!